By Vance Havner
We have fellowship…(1 John 1:7).
Precious indeed is the fellowship of those whose citizenship is in heaven.
1. We have fellowship with the Saviour: “God is faithful by whom ye were called unto the fellowship of his Son Jesus Christ” (1 Cor. 1:9).
2. We have the fellowship of the Spirit (Phil. 2:1).
3. There is the fellowship of His sufferings (Phil. 3:10).
4. We enjoy the fellowship of the saints (1 John 1:7; Acts 2:42).
5. There is the fellowship of service; “the fellowship of ministering to the saints” (2 Cor. 8:4).
But there is also a fellowship of Satan: “Have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them” (Eph. 5:11). “If we say we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie and do not the truth” (1 John 1:6). “What fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness?” (2 Cor. 6:14).
We cannot have a heavenly fellowship if we allow a hindering fellowship. “Little children, keep yourselves from idols” (1 John 5:21).
– Day By Day with Vance Havner (Baker Book House, 1983; formerly printed by Fleming H. Revell Company, 1953) pg. 85.
2ProphetU is an online magazine/website, started by Warren Wiersbe and Michael Catt, to build up the church, seek revival, and encourage pastors.