Throughout the Bible we read of the early and latter rain. In Deut. 11:14 God promises Israel that, if they observe His commandments, He will give them the rain of their land in due season, the first rain and the latter rain. Job declares that, in the days of his prosperity, men respected him, “they
First, there was the embarrassment of Enron. Secondly, there was the disgrace of Worldcom. Now, it appears even Martha Stewart, (no relation), is struggling to maintain her dignity. Oh, how the mighty have fallen. Just what has gone wrong? Vince Lombardi, the legendary coach of the Green Bay Packers, once said, “winning is not everything;
Written by: Ray C. Stedman Recently, I was looking through my file on “Preaching” and found an article written by the late Dr. Ray Stedman. It was dated December, 1985 but I could not find any other information on it. I know it was originally published in the ‘Congress on Biblical Exposition’ newsletter. It was
A Guide to the History and Practice of Biblical Interpretation Kregel. I know, we are all too busy to read a book like this, but we need to. How we approach Scripture is important. Words have meanings. This book will help you if you wish to ‘accurately interpret’ the Word. 2ProphetU2ProphetU is an online magazine/website,
– A. Mal Couch, General Editor, Kregel. An excellent resource by a reliable editor. The book defines the mission and function of the local church from a Biblical perspective rather than the ‘what works’ perspective. The book is divided into three parts, ‘The Biblical Doctrine of the Church,’ ‘The Governing of the Church,’ and ‘How
Growing Healthy Churches That Are Equipped For Spiritual Warfare – Chuck Lawless. Kregel. Jerry Vines says, “This book makes a significant contribution to pastors and leaders. There is a great need for a good, solid biblical foundation in spiritual warfare literature.” Thom Rainer writes, “Lawless is one of the most outstanding scholars in the fields
– Harold W. Hoehner. Baker Academics. A 900 page commentary – no light reading here. Highly recommended by professors along a variety of denominational lines. You may have to cut out a meal or two, but it’s worth the money. 2ProphetU2ProphetU is an online magazine/website, started by Warren Wiersbe and Michael Catt, to build up
A Passionate Plea for Preaching Soli Deo Gloria Publications. Erwin Lutzer says, “This is the most compelling plea to restore preaching to its time-honored status that I have ever read.” Jerry Bridges writes, “Every minister of God’s Word will profit from prayerfully reading this book.” It is a worthy book to have in your library.
– Gordon D. Fee. Westminster John Knox Press. This is a handbook for students and pastors. The author believes the task of exegesis is to understand the divine-human intention locked within the Biblical text. This is a step by step analysis of the exegetical process that has made this book a standard for nearly two
Studies in the Book of Acts – M. R. DeHann. Kregel. Dr. DeHaan, was a beloved Bible teacher who died in 1965. This is a devotional exposition of the book of Acts adapted from his Radio Bible Class broadcast. Twenty six studies that will bless you. 2ProphetU2ProphetU is an online magazine/website, started by Warren Wiersbe
– T. Ernest Wilson A study of John 13-17 and Men of the Mountains and Valleys, which is a study of some of the great men of the Bible. 2ProphetU2ProphetU is an online magazine/website, started by Warren Wiersbe and Michael Catt, to build up the church, seek revival, and encourage pastors.
– T. Ernest Wilson. Gospel Folio Press. A study of sixteen of the Psalms which portray Jesus at his Birth, with His bride; in his temptation and betrayal; as the Last Adam; The King of Glory and more. 2ProphetU2ProphetU is an online magazine/website, started by Warren Wiersbe and Michael Catt, to build up the church,