How many financial appeals do you receive each week? Two? Six? How many do you receive a month? A dozen? Or have you stopped counting? A lot of sincere people are frustrated, confused, and sometimes angry about the increasing pressure of these many appeals. So, what is a concerned Christian to do? One thing we
(chapter 2 of His Name is WONDERFUL) Times have changed. In the days of my grandparents and parents, counseling was an obscure profession and one predominantly was relegated to state run institutions. As late as the 1970’s it was rare to find a Christian counselor in many smaller communities. One normally had to drive to
People often ask me how to become a writer. I don’t know. I do know is how I became one. So, this is my story peppered throughout with my advice If you really are serious about becoming a writer this “emerging story” addresses the questions people often ask who seek to get published. It does
I can still vividly recall my first few moments standing in the Atlanta Braves locker room as their batboy. As a 14 year old, I was quite overwhelmed. Although this was an era in which the Braves were perennial losers, I could not help but think of all the great players who had walked on
– Ravi Zacharias. Word. Recommended by Charles Colson, Billy Graham, Charles Swindoll, Josh McDowell and R. C. Sproul. A great book of apologetics, written with forceful logic, insightful illustrations and passionate convictions. In a day of relative thinking, this is must reading for Christian leaders. 2ProphetU2ProphetU is an online magazine/website, started by Warren Wiersbe and
– Rex M. Rogers Warren Wiersbe says this book is a ‘Bold analysis of both society and the evangelical church. This is must reading for all thinking Christians. 2ProphetU2ProphetU is an online magazine/website, started by Warren Wiersbe and Michael Catt, to build up the church, seek revival, and encourage pastors.
– Richard Bewe. Christian Focus Publications. Some of the best known quotes of the 20th century in one book. You’ll enjoy this and find quotes you can use in your sermons to explain why the Christian faith is a radical alternative to the post modern, pluralistic world in which we live. 2ProphetU2ProphetU is an online
Hold Nothing Back, How Sacrificial Obedience Leads to Intimacy with God – Alicia Williamson, New Hope Publishers. Alicia is a former member of TRUTH and is currently a recording artist, speaker at Women’s conferences and concert artist. After being healed of cervical cancer, she and her husband, Richard now have two ‘miracle’ children, Michael Chandler
– Adam Hamilton Lyle Schaller calls this, ‘the best book I have ever read on how to be an effective parish pastor.’ Hamilton is the Senior Pastor of the United Methodist Church of the Resurrection in Leawood, Kansas. The church averages over six thousand in worship per weekend. A book written to help mainline churches
– Jerry Vines “It is my conviction that God has a plan for the life of every Christian,” Vines explains. “If you are a Christian and you seek to make your heart sensitive to Him, then He will use you in a great way, just as He used David so many centuries ago.” Pursuing God’s
– Bob Briner This book should be in the hands of anyone who wants to impact secular society. Briner has given us culture shaping strategies on how to be salt and light in a decaying and dark world. Make sure you read this one. 2ProphetU2ProphetU is an online magazine/website, started by Warren Wiersbe and Michael
– Griffith Thomas. Pickering and Inglis. Griffith Thomas was a great writer and expositor. His works remind us of the fundamental facts on which our faith is based. He was a popular speaker at Keswick and in conferences around the world. He was a teacher of the Word that you need to become familiar with.