The Prayer Of GodBy Peter Taylor Forsyth “…the Spirit himself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered” (Rom. 8:26). If our prayer reach or move Him it is because He first reached and moved us to pray. The prayer that reached heaven began there, when Christ went forth. It began when God
While I would not call this an article, it is a collection of ideas, thoughts and theories that I’ve compiled. Read it and apply it. You’ll be a better leader for it. Steps To Grow Thicker Skin: PRAY that God will give you courage, boldness and that you will not be trapped by the fear
– R.A. Torrey. Revell, n.d. This work was first published some 90 years ago, yet is a tremendous help in developing insight into personal witnessing, evangelism, and outreach. Torrey lists many hypothetical presentations of the truth along with the whole gamut of excuses. Some of the English phrases have changed, but the excuse has not.
– Kjos Berit. Harvest House, 1996. This book is must reading for understanding the changes in our public schools. This work is the product of much research and is thoroughly documented. Clearly reveals the danger of Federal intrusion in the local community, new Federal laws/ programs to guarantee children becoming even more deficient, and details
– Walter Martin. Regal Books, 1986. Martin, renowned cult expert, was also a fine Bible teacher, firmly committed to sound doctrine and the defense of the faith. This work is an example of his dedication to upholding “the faith once delivered.” Clearly written. 2ProphetU2ProphetU is an online magazine/website, started by Warren Wiersbe and Michael Catt,
– John Warwick Montgomery. Ivp, 1979. A small but very helpful work. With great skill, Montgomery establishes the reliabilty of the New Testament. Especially useful for the manuscript evidence, plus the historical and literary references. Read this with profit. 2ProphetU2ProphetU is an online magazine/website, started by Warren Wiersbe and Michael Catt, to build up the
– Vance Havner. Revell, 1946. Havner’s voice is needed today. These messages are timely, since we seem to often run low on common sense. Havner has an overflow, plus Scriptural wisdom. You will learn from Havner!. 2ProphetU2ProphetU is an online magazine/website, started by Warren Wiersbe and Michael Catt, to build up the church, seek revival,
– Josh McDowell. Tyndale, 1991. This small book is one of the most versatile items to put on your shelves. McDowell presents Christ as Lord and Savior with the utmost clarity, yet also dispenses with the myths and negative attacks against Him. You can read this in about an hour. Also, excellent as a giveaway.
– G. K. Chesterton. John Lane Co., 1941. This book is a classic for its ability to provoke much thought and soul searching regarding the faith. Chesterton has the gift of drawing the reader into his skillful presentation of the question and, then, challenging the mind for the answer. Good book to read again and
– Peter W. Stoner. Van Kampen, 1952. An old classic, often referenced. Stoner establishes the scientific accuracy of the Bible and fully attests to the value of prophecy. Has been revised–still good to read. 2ProphetU2ProphetU is an online magazine/website, started by Warren Wiersbe and Michael Catt, to build up the church, seek revival, and encourage
– F.J. Huegel. Marshall, Morgan, n.d. Another of Huegel’s practical efforts. He exposes Satan and his work–the wiles of the devil: deception, division, discouragement… 2ProphetU2ProphetU is an online magazine/website, started by Warren Wiersbe and Michael Catt, to build up the church, seek revival, and encourage pastors.
– Harold Lindsell. Zondervan, 1976. A classic work showing the importance of holding to inerrancy. Lindsell makes the case soundly and definitively shows the results institutionally when this doctrine is ignored or denied. The American church is paying the price now for ignoring warnings such as Lindsell presents. 2ProphetU2ProphetU is an online magazine/website, started by