– Of the 3,000 students graduating from 90 seminaries in 1999, 60 percent earned Master of Divinity degrees.
– Males accounted for 65 percent of the graduates, females 35 percent. However, this figure includes Catholic seminaries. In many Protestant seminaries, there’s been a more rapid influx of women in the last 40 years than this figure indicates.
– 61 percent of the male graduates and 54 percent of the female graduates expected to serve in full-time church ministry.
– When asked about their plans for five years down the road, only 53 percent of the male grads and 48 percent of the females expected to still be in church ministry.
– People 40 years or older represented more than 40 percent of those seeking a Master of Divinity.
Sources: The Association of Theological Schools; www.alban.org (JANUARYANDFEBRUARY2005 REV. pg. 17)
2ProphetU is an online magazine/website, started by Warren Wiersbe and Michael Catt, to build up the church, seek revival, and encourage pastors.