A 2007 Leadership journal survey of preachers shows the visual revolution is well underway. Leadership surveys 515 subscribers who, as lead pastors, preach regularly. Most have entered the visual fray–some signed on willingly, others feel conscripted–but almost all have felt the ground shift beneath their pulpits as technologies, audience expectations, and Game Boy learning styles make new demands on churches.
– Some 73 percent of churches regularly use some kind of visual enhancement;
– More than half of pastors (58 percent) report their use of PowerPoint has increased in the past three years;
– 50 percent are using more multimedia clips from movies, TV, or other outside sources;
– About one-third of churches are using more personal testimonies (36 percent), videos made by their staff or members (34 percent), and props (34 percent);
– And one-fourth (24 percent) are using more artwork.
2ProphetU is an online magazine/website, started by Warren Wiersbe and Michael Catt, to build up the church, seek revival, and encourage pastors.