(from the Family Focus series)
by Michael Catt
1 Samuel 2:12ff
I. The Problem of Religion Without Godliness
“When home is ruled by the Word of God, angels might be asked to stay with us, and they would not find themselves out of their element.” -Charles Spurgeon
II. The Failures that Led to Disaster
A. The sins of Eli’s sons:
1) They despised the offering of the Lord.
2) They committed adultery on the steps of the tent of meeting and God’s people knew about it.
3) Their actions brought the judgment of God.
B. The failure of Eli to discipline his sons:
1) He was warned by the people.
2) He was warned by an unnamed prophet.
3) He was warned by God Himself.
III. Watch Out and Wake Up
The Distraction and Destruction of Little Things:
5) Critical Spirit
6) Lack of Financial Discipline
“The enemies may be small, but the mischief done is great…How numerous the little foxes are! Little compromises with the world, disobedience to the still, small voice in little things, little indulgences to the flesh to the neglect of duty,little strokes of policy, doing evil in little things that good may come, and the beauty of the fruitfulness of the vine is sacrificed.” -J. Hudson Taylor
IV. Why You Should Take Charge
A. Common sense says you should.
B. Their destiny is at stake.
C. Today is the day.
2ProphetU is an online magazine/website, started by Warren Wiersbe and Michael Catt, to build up the church, seek revival, and encourage pastors.