1) How many new people are attending your church?
2) Have the number of cigarette butts in the parking lot increased over the past year?
3) How many hours each week did you spend alone with God?
4) Did each member of the full-time staff take a whole day off every week?
5) Rather than how much work the pastoral staff put in, how many volunteers were equipped and empowered by the paid staff to do the work of the church?
6) How many divorces were averted through the work of the church? How many broken families did God put back together? How much time did you devote to your own family?
7) Did you treat the poorer members of your congregation as well as you treated the big tithers? Did you treat children with as much respect and dignity as the “big people”?
8) Did you preach as many sermons on “hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambitions, and factions” as you did on “sexual immorality, impurity, debauchery, idolatry, witchcraft, drunkenness, and orgies”?
9) Did you love God with all your heart, mind, and strength–and that disagreeable board member as yourself?
(by Jim Watkins, REV! Magazine, May/June 2006)
2ProphetU is an online magazine/website, started by Warren Wiersbe and Michael Catt, to build up the church, seek revival, and encourage pastors.