(as seen in LEADERSHIP Magazine)
The National Council on Problem Gambling offers a 24-hour hotline: 1-800-522-4700. Their website (www.ncpgambling.org) also offers resources and a directory of counselors. Here is one of their diagnostic tools:
– Have you often gambled longer than you had originally planned?
– Have you often gambled until your last dollar was gone?
– Have thoughts of gambling caused you to lose sleep?
– Have you used your income or savings to gamble while letting bills go unpaid?
– Have you made unsuccessful attempts to stop gambling?
– Have you broken the law or considered breaking the law to finance your gambling?
– Have you borrowed money to finance your gambling?
– Have you felt depressed or suicidal because of your gambling losses?
– Have you been remorseful after gambling?
– Have you gambled to get money to meet your financial obligations?
2ProphetU is an online magazine/website, started by Warren Wiersbe and Michael Catt, to build up the church, seek revival, and encourage pastors.