Top 6 reasons regular churchgoing teens disconnect from the church after age 15:
1) Churches seem overprotective.
2) Teens’ and 20-somethings’ experience of Christianity is shallow.
3) Churches come across as antagonistic to science.
4) Young Christians’ church experiences related to sexuality are often simplistic, judgmental.
5) They wrestle with the exclusive nature of Christianity.
6) The church feels unfriendly to those who doubt.
You Lost Me: Why Young Christians Are Leaving the Church…and Rethinking Faith, David Kinnaman
2ProphetU is an online magazine/website, started by Warren Wiersbe and Michael Catt, to build up the church, seek revival, and encourage pastors.