by Vance Havner
We cannot of ourselves produce any of the experiences of the Christian life.
– We cannot regenerate ourselves, for we are born again not of the will of the flesh but of God (John 1:13).
– We cannot confess Jesus as Lord but by the Holy Spirit (1 Corinthians 12:3).
– We cannot understand the Bible but by the Holy Spirit (John 14:26; 1 John 2:27).
– We cannot live the Christian life–Christ lives in us (Philippians 1:21; Galatians 2:20).
– The natural man cannot receive the things of the Spirit of God (1 Corinthians 2:14).
We can consent and cooperate, but this is a supernatural work of God from start to finish.
2ProphetU is an online magazine/website, started by Warren Wiersbe and Michael Catt, to build up the church, seek revival, and encourage pastors.