• Between 1960 and 1999, the percentage of out-of-wedlock births increased 523 percent.
• Between 1960 and 1999 the number of cohabiting couples increased from 439,000 in 1960 to 4.24 million in 1998 – an almost tenfold increase!
• An average of 3,751 families end in divorce each day of the year.
• More marriages are now terminated in divorce than by the death of a spouse.
• America’s divorce rate is now double that in 1960.
• One million children a year see their parents divorce.
• Over 50 percent of the children in America’s public schools come from single-parent homes.
• Thirty-five percent of our nation’s children live apart from their biological fathers.
• Children in single-parent homes have a 300 percent greater possibility of a negative life outcome than children in homes where both parents are present.
• Pregnancies out of wedlock have increased 600 percent in the last forty years.
• Approximately one-third of all live births are out of wedlock.
• In the last forty years, co-habitation by un-married couples has increased 1,000 percent.
• Most people now live together before marriage for the first time.
• Less than 40 percent of all married couples claim to be very happy.
– SBC Life, July 2004 pg. 6.
2ProphetU is an online magazine/website, started by Warren Wiersbe and Michael Catt, to build up the church, seek revival, and encourage pastors.