By Vance Havner
Thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ (1 Cor. 15:37).
1. Observe the source of our victory – “Thanks be unto God.” The Blesser is greater than the blessing.
2. Consider the nature of our victory – “which giveth us the victory.” It is the gift of God.
3. “Thanks be unto God for His unspeakable gift.
4. And behold the means of our victory – “through Jesus Christ our Lord.”
5. It is total victory over sin, death, and the grave. It is daily victory. Every heart ought to be a “victory garden.”
6. It is final victory.
“This is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.” It does not explain the world, nor endure it, nor enjoy it – it overcomes the world. But not just any kind of faith. It must be faith in our Lord Jesus Christ, for our victory is through Him.
Every day is V-Day when our faith is in Him. And every day is Thanksgiving Day for the victory through Him.
– Day By Day with Vance Havner (Baker Book House, 1983; formerly printed by Fleming H. Revell Company, 1953) pg. 138.
2ProphetU is an online magazine/website, started by Warren Wiersbe and Michael Catt, to build up the church, seek revival, and encourage pastors.