• The radio is a powerful tool to spread the gospel, according to the almost 48% of born-again Christians who listen to Christian radio in a typical week.
• Among people who are 53 or older, 43% typically tune in to Christian preaching or teaching on the radio.
• African Americans (57%), residents of the South (39%), and women (34%) are among the most likely Christian talk radio listeners in a typical week.
• Three out of every four listeners to Christian teaching and preaching on the radio are Protestant (75%), while 10% attend Catholic churches and the remaining 15% are atheists or are affiliated with non-Christian faiths.
• Adults who describe themselves as politically conservative were nearly twice as likely as self-defined political liberals to listen to Christian radio.
Sources: Barna Research Group of Venture, California, www.barna.org; Research Archives: Media and Technology
2ProphetU is an online magazine/website, started by Warren Wiersbe and Michael Catt, to build up the church, seek revival, and encourage pastors.